Selective Recruitment Solutions have just registered a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Analyst and Deputy/Head of Research to join their team based in the Oxford area. Our client is looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Analyst and Research Manager to join as the Deputy or Head of Research and manage a team of 21 researchers.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be rapidly promoted to our Head of Research if you have the requisite people management and financial research skills (but does not require knowledge of complex financial modelling).
Salary: £45,000 – £75,000 (Depending on experience)
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
* Team management: Over time, take responsibility for the quality of our clients’ research output by helping to manage a 21-strong team of 13 in-house and eight freelance researchers, who are largely drawn from accounting and professional services backgrounds; and, in particular, be responsible for driving the company’s’ learning culture of continuous operational improvement
* Project management: Lead, manage and help conduct the research and publication of one or more of our annual league tables featuring the UK’s top-performing private companies
* Research: Identify, research and analyse companies, and conduct telephone and face-to-face interviews with their founders and entrepreneurs at company visits, engaging them as part of our alumni network and secure their attendance at some of our 27 annual invitation-only networking dinners
* Financial analysis: Conduct relatively straight forward financial analysis of private-company accounts (practical knowledge required but it does not require complex financial modelling); and capture the information on the database
* Account handling: Help manage and service one or more of our blue-chip sponsors, and prepare for, attend and follow-up on sponsor meetings in London, supporting our CEO or director of research
* Networking dinners: Work closely with our events team (6 people); for instance, provide tailored financial information and shareholder analysis on companies and directors in order to compile relevant invitee lists and provide biographical descriptions of key guests attending to our sponsors; and attend up to 10 dinners a year to meet entrepreneurs, and to service our sponsors
* Social Media: Help draft our daily social media output on Twitter and LinkedIn; and contribute to the development of our nascent social media strategy
* Business development: Provide research and presentation support to Senior Directors
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Highly service-orientated, with some experience of account-managing senior level clients
* Organised, with meticulous attention to detail; and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
* Working knowledge of private-company accounts; experienced at using financial data sources as research tools, such as Companies House & BvD’s Fame; and competent at Excel and Access
* Excellent inter-personal skills, and able to write clearly and concisely
* A strong interest in, and some knowledge of, entrepreneurs and private companies
If you are interested in the Senior Analyst and Deputy/Head of Research and believe you have the suitable skills and experience to be considered, then please apply.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within four days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job