Responsibilities and duties within the role:
* Project manage and design complex systems and components for heavy truck chassis from cradle to the grave adhering to agreed cost, weight and performance targets.
* Close liaison/concurrent activities with internal/external suppliers/customers including securing Installation and Application Approvals.
* Compilation of Engineering Master Parts Lists and design release documentation
* Contribute and advise on relevant product testing activities
* Produce, maintain and control work breakdowns and timing programmes.
* Project management experience and skill
* 3D CAD modelling, general arrangement and production drawings
* Good detailed knowledge of a wide range of engineering
* Previous experience liaising with internal and external suppliers
* Knowledge of DFM, DVP&R (Design validation plan & report) generation or DFMEA participation techniques
* Understanding geometric tolerances in mechanical components including hand calculations.
* Experience of engineering change control documentation
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes including casting, welded fabrication, vac forming processes
* Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in relevant industry
* Previous experience including; HGVs, Truck, Yellow Goods, or related product, chassis systems with similar product volumes and level of complexity.
* Detailed knowledge/experience with any of the vehicle systems including powertrain, hydraulics and braking.
* Experience of Solid Edge 2D/3D CAD.
* TeamCenter experience relevant change management software.
* Leading team/ Demonstrates leadership capability in design based activity such as FMEAs & Risk analysis.
* Membership to the IMechE