As the Maintenance Technician / Engineer you will:
* Ensure that any potential health and safety hazards are eliminated or controlled.
* Carry out reactive repair work and planned preventative maintenance within the plant, ensuring that health and safety within the entire plant is a priority.
* Maintain and issue plant and equipment spares and consumable stocks.
* Organise the repair and overhaul of all powered hand tools.
* Continually seek ways to improve all processes and procedures in practise relating to the maintenance of equipment, in line with health and safety processes.
* Implement systems to monitor performance of key equipment to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure equipment continues to operate within health & safety, environmental, legislative, and performance requirements.
* Report any activity within the plant that compromises the health and safety of any personnel.
* Train and supervise where appropriate, repair and maintenance operatives to complete routine maintenance and minor repairs.
* Minimise the effects of the company’s activities on the external environment, while maintaining and improving the working conditions of all employees, contractors and visitors within the plant.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Technician / Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
* City and Guilds, apprenticeship, HND, HNC or similar in an engineering-related discipline.
* Ideally 17th Edition wiring regulations.
* Proven experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment with practical skills in electro-mechanical repair and maintenance.
* Ability to resolve problems in a calm and safe manner.
* Efficient and flexible approach to working.
* Effective ability to influence others.
* Methodical and thorough style of working.
* PLC programming (Alan Bradley).
* Willingness to challenge the status quo.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that are dominating their market place, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
10pm – 6am, the shift starts Monday evening and ends Saturday morning
5 days shift with 2 days off
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,585 and an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Maintenance Technician / Engineer, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the ‘apply now’ button.
***PLEASE NOTE: Job interviews are being held over the next 2 weeks***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position