Maintenance Manager required to join a worldwide company within the mineral industry to oversee multi-sites within the South West. Girling Jones require a maintenance Manager to join a business focusing on a vast portfolio with specialist technical support and innovative ideas within this family owned company. This is a fantastic opportunity, offering the Maintenance Manager the chance to work within a global company.
Your new position
Reporting to the Multi Site Manager, you will organise and optimise all maintenance activities, mechanically and electrically including buildings, machines, equipment, roads and mobile equipment quarries. You will work to a budget to achieve service level and efficiency through planned and preventative maintenance and manage the team to drive improvement programs.
* Manage the Maintenance at all sites to excellent Health and Safety
* Manage Maintenance activities across all sites in line with the Company handbook and principals – mechanical and electrical, planned and reactive
* Manage and Execute activities to reach and exceed KPIs
* Initiate continuous improvement through analysis of processes and comparing reports of the strategies to monitor success
* Support the Technology department with the set up and execution of new processes through actively participating in projects groups and advising the engineers.
* Support the technicians at the sites, offering training and recognising competence gaps of the maintenance team
What you’ll need to succeed
* Proven experience managing hands-on departments
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing and modern maintenance techniques
* Strong Maintenance principles
* Able to work to budget
* Managing and overseeing multi-sites
* Process and Engineering Concepts
* Experience in adopting new practices
* Good understanding of industrial automation and analytic processes for maintenance
* Excellent Interpersonal skills
* IT literate
* Pragmatic approach
* Coaching people to improve individual performance
* Technical Degree, Bachelor level in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or by experience
What you’ll get in return
* In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy