ADA Software Engineer – RDF
An ADA Software Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Luton.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business.
Overview of the ADA Software Engineer contract role
A real-time embedded software engineer is required in support of defensive aids development programmes within the Electronic Warfare business. The role includes design, development, test and support of current and future programs.
Key skills required for the ADA Software Engineer
* Expert knowledge of the Ada software language.
* Expert knowledge of OO design principles.
* Expert capability in debugging in an embedded real-time environment with a COTS RTOS.
* Good knowledge of UML.
* Expert knowledge of a variety of Verification & Validation techniques, and the value of each.
* Good knowledge of developing software within a mature development process framework.
* Experience of Dimensions, DOORS, Rhapsody, VxWorks, AdaCore GNAT Pro & VectorCAST.
* Wider experience of development in C++ and of development of PC based software using
* Microsoft toolsets.
* Recent demonstrable experience in developing Object Oriented designs using the Ada language.
* Able to demonstrate experience in all areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to integration and delivery.
* Defence / EW business domain experience.
* Experience and understanding of development to RTCA/DO-178B.
The role is based in Luton, Bedfordshire – commutable from Watford, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bedford and Stevenage with excellent access from London
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).